Intermediate six week course
This course runs for six weeks with classes on Wednesday evenings from 6pm - 9pm with an upfront payment of $480 for the total course.
During your first week, you'll create a baking dish suitable to go in the oven. The dish will be glazed on the inside and you'll work on designing and texturing the outside. Jude will walk you though how to add handles to the dish.
Your morning cup of coffee is about to be sipped with a smile of pride, because this week we're making an altered cylinder mug. You'll learn how to use darts to create a unique fold in the mug and how these give the mug 'feet' to stand. You can choose whether you want 3 or 4 'feet' on your mug and you'll learn how to paddle the shape into a square mug or even create a 'cupped' foot.
You'll be getting extra creative this week and learning about mono printing. You'll be making your own bespoke plate using different texture, colour and stencils. You will be designing a larger slab of clay and then making up to three items of your choice in this class.
This week you'll be getting on the tools. You'll be learning more from Jude about shear forming, using a banding wheel and an extruder. This week you'll create a gorgeous planter and decorate it using your new skills
We're coming to the end of the course! You'll create a lidded jar with handles this week. You'll also need to prepare some of your items ready for the kiln, so you'll begin sanding and perfecting some of the items in preparation. We will be working outside for this class, but you will need to bring and wear a mask.
Your final week is all about glazing. You'll learn how to do the waxing and apply the glaze to your finished pots. You will also be required to bring and wear a mask for this class. Once your pieces are glazed, they're ready for the kiln to work its magic. Sit tight and in between two to three weeks, your pots will be ready for collection.
If you love this six week course and want to get busy learning more skills and creating more pottery, you can then register for our Advanced Course.
You’ll take home:
- Baking dish with handles
- Altered cylinder coffee mug
- Plate - Textured
- 3 x additional items of your choice (Mono-print)
- Lidded jar with handles
- Bring your imagination and a huge sense of playfulness!
- Wear old clothes and even bring an apron, you will get wonderfully messy (just like you used to when making mud pies as a child)!
- Come fully caffeinated or Fonzie Abbot is directly across the road
- Tea, coffee and light snacks provided
- BYO is accepted for any of our evening classes
- Tie long hair back to avoid getting clay in your hair
- Remove jewellery as you'll be working with your hands... and clay!
- Must wear closed toe, comfortable shoes
- Your pieces will be dishwasher, microwave, ovenproof and food safe
- For safety: you must be 15 years or over to attend any of our classes
- BYO masks for certain classes (see course notes)