Hen's Pottery Party
Hen's Pottery Party
Making memories for marriage.
Get your gang together for a pottery hen's do to remember! We can accommodate groups from as small as you like up to 20!
Don't worry Jude will be there to guide you along the way, no experience is necessary.
Each attendee will have their own plate or shallow bowl hand-made with creamy stoneware clay ready to decorate, which has been rolled out, cut and molded to shape, smoothed and edges softened. Some will have motif, texture, and design elements already added, but there will be plenty of blank pieces for your choice depending on your level of comfort in this artist field.
Design with coloured slips (paint), added clay, handles, a foot to elevate from the table. There are many stencils, stamps, transfers, appliques to choose from to design your special piece. So many choices!
Make your creations special by signing the bottoms of the special pieces to commemorate this special occasion for many years. Use these creations for years to come every time you catch up, bringing your unique plate or shallow bowls filled with wonderful food, and memories for a lifetime.
These classes can be held on Saturdays from 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm in Albion, Brisbane. Please contact us to find out when the next availability is.
All tools, coloured slip 'glaze', and stoneware firing is included. A designated person can collect your beautifully finished pieces around four weeks after the class, we need to allow this time for our big kiln to fill up and to be fired twice to achieve a glorious gloss finish. This person will be emailed when plates are cool enough to handle.
*Price indicated below is per person.
- Tea, coffee and light snacks are provided (but Fonzie Abbott is right across the road, so feel free to take that up!)
- BYO is welcome
- Wear old clothes and even bring an apron, you will get wonderfully messy (just like you used to when making mud pies as a child)
- Tie long hair back to avoid getting clay in your hair
- Remove jewellery as you'll be working with your hands... and clay
- Must wear closed-toe, comfortable shoes
- Your pieces will be dishwasher, microwave, ovenproof, and food safe
- For safety, you must be 15 years or over to attend any of our classes unless accompanied by a parent or guardian, except for school holiday workshops.
*Please note that while we love imperfections (wabi-sabi) we cannot be held responsible for any breakages of your pieces that happen as a result of the kiln firing. This is an organic, creative process and while all and every care is taken, there are no guarantees of a set result/outcome of your pieces.