Pottery Class: Sculpture
Pottery Class: Sculpture
We have various half sphere moulds to work with: Sizes 34, 49, 57, 65, 80 and 112cm. Oh the wonderful things that we can make with these!
Amazing bird feeders, elaborate salt pigs, animals, people, faces, biscuit barrels, ornate big planters, sculptured tea-pot or even just a beautiful sphere with a rattle inside. The list just goes on and on - you're only limited by your imagination. We also have many other shapes and moulds to choose from.
Consider forming something larger than you normally would because we can all help each other with the manipulation of pieces when required.
You will have use of the slab roller, a hand extruder for different sized coils and all the different sized dowels to form seamless cylinders. You will also have the option of adding glass or even thin copper wire.
Kiln size parameters:
- Small kiln - 30cm tall by 30cm wide max
- Big kiln - the biggest size shelf is 50cm square by 20cm tall max
Please note: The classes will be held over one weekend from 1.00 pm - 4.00 pm each day.
Please note: Public dates for this class require at least 8 guests to run. In the unlikely event that we don't reach this number, we'll cancel the class; in this case, we'll inform you and allow you to get a refund or reschedule, so please watch your email/SMS one day prior to the class
Located at her home studio in Albion, Brisbane, Jude Jeha will guide you through the class and teach you specific pottery techniques to make your creation unique.
All classes are limited to eight people to ensure a personalised experience. Your items will be glazed and fired in our kiln and available for pick up between two and three weeks after your class.
- Tea, coffee and light snacks are provided (but Fonzie Abbott is right across the road, so feel free to take that up)
- Wear old clothes and even bring an apron, you will get wonderfully messy (just like you used to when making mud pies as a child)
- Tie long hair back to avoid getting clay in your hair
- Remove jewellery as you'll be working with your hands... and clay
- Must wear closed-toe, comfortable shoes
- Your pieces will be dishwasher, microwave, ovenproof, and food safe
- For safety: you must be 15 years or over to attend any of our classes or be in attendance with a parent or guardian.
*Please note that while we love imperfections (wabi-sabi) we cannot be held responsible for any breakages of your pieces that happen as a result of the kiln firing. This is an organic, creative process and while all and every care is taken, there are no guarantees of a set result/outcome of your pieces.